Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tea-Time Tuesday: Everlong

Tea Time Tuesday Presents:
Everlong by Sydney Alice



Why hello there, lovelies,

Mischievous M here in this first Tea Time Tuesday. I'm proud to be to be presenting my first story, "Everlong." We all love the fluff and romance, add in Edward and Bella, and we've got one hell of a story. Finding one that has all the elements a girl can ask for, now that's hard. Lucky me that I came across this wonderful story. While I do like the fluff, Everlong has more than enough of those laugh-worthy scenes and golden lines you can certainly quote.

This story manages to draw you in with the mere Prologue. It starts off with Edward and a search we are quite familiar with; the search for a companion. Living with a family that have found their soulmates gets lonely and the fact that he's been searching for decades without avail, would bring sadness to anyone. What's eternity without someone to share it with? While Edward goes off in search of the one person destined for him, his family stumbles across a young Bella Swan, whom they saved from drowning, and instantly adore her; she becomes family.

As the Cullens fall even more in love with Bella, Edward can't help but resist. He fears the impending choice he'll have to make in the end, and whether that choice is entirely his blurs over. He questions himself before he even lays eyes on her: Could she really be the one?


"People are meant to go through life two by two. Tain't natural to be lonesome."
Our Town - Act II

~*~

Standing on mom's deck overlooking the backyard, I leaned on the railing and gazed at the moon overhead. This was my favorite part of the house, and I wondered if her new home in Florida would provide the same beautiful view of the night sky.

Sighing, I marveled at how much my life had changed in the past few days. During the course of one weekend, I'd made plans to move to Forks and live with Charlie, I'd enrolled for the second semester at Forks High School, and I'd been assigned maid of honor duties in the wedding extravaganza of my best friend.

And I'd met my soul mate.

My feet had barely touched the ground before I had my phone out, texting him, just so that I could see his words on the screen. I'd cried the entire flight home, knowing that the next three weeks were going to be hell. I needed this time with my mother, especially since I was moving away. But being away from him seemed….wrong. Like I couldn't breathe without him near me. It was borderline obsessive. But I couldn't help it.

Just as I was about to start bawling again, my cell phone vibrated in my jeans pocket. The name on the caller ID never failed to thrill me.

"Hey you."

"Couldn't sleep without me, huh?" His velvet voice flowed through me, and I felt my body automatically relax at the sound.

"You caught me," I giggled. "What are you doing?"

Edward was quiet for a few moments before finally answering. "Honestly?"

"Of course."

"I'm staring at the moon and thinking of you."

I stopped breathing and glanced at the full moon in the Arizona sky. My eyes welled as a feeling of complete and utter bliss swelled in my heart. He was too romantic; too perfect. There was no way he was meant for me.

"How did you know?" I finally managed to whisper through my quiet tears.

I could hear his smile through the phone. "Sometimes, Alice puts her crystal ball to good use."

I sighed happily.

"I would have called anyway," he whispered. "I had to hear your voice one more time tonight."

"I'm so happy that you called," I admitted sheepishly. "I wanted to hear your voice, too."

"I'm glad."

I stole another glance at the sky. "Can you see the stars in Forks?"

"Just a few," he replied.

I smiled. "They're beautiful, aren't they?"

"They are."

We sat in a comfortable silence for a few more minutes, listening to each other's breathing. The fact that we were both staring at the same moon was just too sentimental to comprehend, but this was, without a doubt, the most romantic night of my life.

I laughed at the irony.

"What's funny?"

"I was just thinking how ironic this is. Both of us looking at the moon.…this is, by far, the most romantic thing that's ever happened to me. And you aren't even here."

He laughed softly. "Imagine how romantic it would be if we were actually together."

"I have been imagining…." I whispered.

"So have I," a voice behind me whispered.

I gasped as two icy hands encircled my waist. He pulled me gently against his chest, and I knew that my heart was going to explode from joy. I laid my hands over his and melted against him.

"Surprise," he whispered against my ear.

I smiled as I pulled his arms tighter around my waist.

"I can't believe you're here."

He laughed lightly. "Your wish is my command."

"My wish?"

He let go of my waist, and I whimpered at the loss of his touch. I turned around to face him, and he lifted his phone to show me the text message I'd sent him just hours earlier.

~I wish you were here.

Unbelievable. "Okay, I've changed my mind."

"Oh?" He placed his cell phone in his back pocket.

"This…" I whispered, taking his hands in mine, "is the most romantic thing that's ever happened to me."

He smiled adoringly at me, and I lost myself in the deep pools of his eyes. "Well, Miss Swan, I'm going to make sure that you have many, many more romantic moments. I have one in mind, actually…"

"Another one?" I was honestly afraid that my heart couldn't handle another sweet gesture.

"Just one more, for tonight," he smiled softly. "I'm afraid I do have a plane to catch, so we'll have to save other romantic moments for when you return home."

I couldn't believe my ears. "You're leaving? Already?"

"Unfortunately, yes," he whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me against his chest. It was the first time he'd ever held me this close, and I decided instantly that it was my very favorite place on earth.

"But I had to come see you," he continued breathlessly. "You wished for it, after all, and I can deny you nothing."

I was about to explain that the feeling was mutual when he raised his hand to my cheek, stroking his fingers slowly along my jawline. On cue, my cheeks flamed, and I felt my knees begin to buckle beneath me.

"Bella…." He murmured softly, holding me tighter, his lips brushing softly against my cheek. I closed my eyes at the contact. "Do you have any idea how long I've waited for you?"

I couldn't answer; I couldn't breathe.

"How long I've searched for you," he continued, his lips trailing along my neck. "How many times I'd given up hope, thinking you didn't exist…."

He removed his lips from my throat and pressed his forehead against mine. I was certain that I was going to faint.

"Look at me, Bella."

I opened my eyes and felt his cool breath against my face. My body leaned in closer, my arms wrapping around his neck. He hastily pulled me closer, and I softly moaned at the contact. I could feel every line of his body against mine.

At that moment, I was absolutely certain that I was in love with this man; to ever be separated from him would cause my heart to shatter like glass.

His hand brushed my cheek and my eyes closed without my permission. I felt his cool finger trace along my lips, and the touch was electric.

"I had to come see you," he whispered against my lips. "I had to kiss you goodnight."

I felt him tremble as his lips softly brushed up against mine. It was sweet and gentle, just like I knew it would be. I melted against him, eliciting a low groan from the back of his throat as he pulled me closer. The sound vibrated through every part of me, and knowing that I excited him, that I could make him groan, sent shivers down my spine.

He didn't stop kissing me until I finally gasped for air, and even then, his mouth continued its exploration. He placed soft kisses along my face, against my eyelids, down my nose and along my chin, against my neck… until, once again, his lips found mine.

Finally, the kisses slowed and his eyes gazed into mine. He pressed his forehead against mine as we both attempted to catch our breath.

"Changed my mind again," I whispered breathlessly.

"Really?" His voice was trembling. "About what?"

"That was the most romantic thing that's ever happened to me."

He flashed the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen before crushing his lips to mine once again.


~*~

If that doesn't make you sigh and swoon like a school girl, I don't know what will. Yeah, I said it.

I'm a sucker for a good story and this one never fails to deliver. I'll even admit I cried . . . quite repeatedly throughout, actually. Of course I laughed and "Aww'ed" as well. Not only does the author brings us a good story, she does it with such a simplicity that takes you further than the words on the screen. The underlying emotions and complexities that surface as Everlong progresses are deep, and you can't help but identify with them. The songs and lyrics in the beginning of each chapter, set the tone perfectly. Definitely like a soundtrack, and an awesome one at that. Almost from the get-go you'll be taken in with the innocent love between Edward and Bella, and the strength of a family.

After all, you really can't go through life by your lonesome self. Life is meant for two.

Alright, lovelies, don't forget to leave Sydney Alice some love. She very well deserves it for her awesomeness of a story; Everlong. Cruise in tomorrow for Wicked Wednesday with Scandalous S.

Love,
~*~Mischievous M

No comments:

Post a Comment