Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tea-Time Tuesday: Strictly Business


Tea Time Tuesday Presents:




Hey there, lovelies,

Welcome to another Tea Time Tuesday! This week I'll be featuring a rather special story, Strictly Business, which was one of my first stories I ever read. I'm completely in love with it, and now I get to feature it here in the GLoSP blog. It has all those elements you'd like in a story: romance, humor, fluff, myster, and evil cliffhangers. The evil cliffhangers did it for me, personally. It's mainly an Edward and Bella story, but we certainly get views on the other's relationships plus a couple of others. That's all I'm saying for that without throwing out some spoilers. In the author's own words, the summary:

In a world of money, politics, and devilishly good looks, Edward, Jasper, and Emmett were on top of it all. That is, until they met their match: Bella, Alive, and Rosalie. Now it's the ultimate battle of the sexes for business, power, and above all: love.


~ * ~


"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix


He started to laugh. A loud, obnoxious laugh. "I can't believe I fooled every one of you!"

"Can I hit him? Please, can I hit him!" yelled Emmett.

James stopped laughing and turned to Emmett. "Woah, there big guy. Let's be reasonable. Wouldn't want to deal with an injury lawsuit on top of everything else you have to worry about!"

Emmett growled and clenched his fist, but held them firmly at his side.

"You're scum, James, you know that?" said Alice in an icy voice. There was no hint of her usual light, tinkering tone in any of her venomous words.

James gasped dramatically. "Ali! That really hurt my feelings!" he said with a stupid, fake expression on his face. Alice's glare deepened.

"You know what James? You think you've won, but we all know that Rosalie, Alice, and I are the brains and the creators of this company. We started it and it's going to stay ours. We know that you have a partner working with you and we're going to find your partner and convince him to side with us. Your power right now is indefinite and completely ephemeral," I spat out.

James's smile disappeared and he looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "My partner? You're going to find out who my partner is and steal him away?" he said. A smirk returned to his face and he gave a loud laugh. "Oh this is just too funny!" he said as he barked out laughter.

"Oh my God! Emmett, if you don't punch him, I swear I will!" screeched Rosalie as she made a move towards James. Emmett quickly grabbed Rosalie and pulled her back. She struggled a little, but calmed eventually.

"I cannot believe you guys don't even know who my partner is yet!" said James, giggling like a little girl. He stopped and looked at me. Suddenly he pouted. "Oh Bella, this is going to kill you!"

"What are you talking about?" I seethed.

He looked at me and then looked at Edward. "You're all talk you know, Bella. You say you're going to find out my partner, but my partner's been right in front of you and you can't even figure that out. You say you're going to steal my partner, but you don't even realize that I've stolen your partner!"

"What the hell? Are you accusing one of us?" growled Jasper.

"Bingo! I knew you were a smart one Jasper!" said James with a big smile on his face. I wanted so badly to slap that smirk off his face.

"No one here would do anything like that!" said Alice.

"Oh? Really? No one? Then why is the person that I've secretly been working with all this time, the person who signed his name along with mine in this room right now?" said James. He looked around at us, all of us silent. "Don't believe me? Why don't we ask the man himself?"

~ * ~

Evil cliffhangers, right? I told y'all.

There written in such a way that you're finding yourself clicking the button to the next chapter without even noticing. Besides, we all secretly love them.

Besides the mystery element added in, it really has some rather sweet moments that just make me tear up cause I'm cool like that. Have I mentioned it's an All Human story, perfect for those who'd like a change from either the All Vampire or the Vamp/Human fics. So go and and five the story a try, you won't regret it. This is definitely one of those stories that will make you read it again, I know I did.

Go on now, and don't forget to leave Analgesic Kiss some love in a nice review. I think she deserves them. Come back and tune in tomorrow for Wicked Wednesday.

Love,

~*~ Mischievous M

No comments:

Post a Comment