Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday Presents: Blood And Power


Tea Time Tuesday Presents:

Blood and Power by lanacullen21



Why, hello there, lovelies

Mischievous M here for another round of Tea Time Tuesday! This week I bring you an awesome story, like always, and the first crossover featured for Tea. Yep, a crossover. This is the first one I ever stumbled upon, actually. Now don't worry, there's still plenty of Twilight in here, but simply with a twist. This particular story combines Twilight and The Covenant.

Starts off with a seemingly normal beginning and then BAM! the two stories have suddenly mixed. You may have seen the movie, but it certainly doesn't mean you know where the story is going to go. Not to mention add a little romance and action, and you've got yourself something good. You have your main story line and then the underlying plots written right in. And, in the author's own words:

Edward Cullen and his coven move to the small town of Ipswich, Massachusetts where secrets run dark. They come in contact with Isabella Danvers and her brothers, but is that the most of their worries when a series of murders occur?


~ * ~


We arrived at Spenser Academy only to be gawked at as usual. My family and I were used to it so we acted like there was nothing new about all the attention. I could hear the thoughts flowing through the minds of our audience.

"They are so beautiful!"

"Those must be the Cullens."

"They've got looks that could rival Caleb and his gang."

None of the thoughts interested me except for the last. Who the hell was Caleb and exactly what kind of gang did he have? I didn't think much of it as I headed to my homeroom with Alice. The first few classes went y as they usually did at each school, boring and time consuming.

My brothers and sisters and I were all situated around our new lunch spot in the cafeteria when it happened. I was hit with the most sensual, delectable scent on the air. It was strawberries and freesias combined into one appetizing blend. I turned to see whom the smell belonged to only to lay my eyes on God's most perfect angel. In the entrance way of the cafeteria stood a petite girl with long, dark brown hair that cascaded around her like a silk curtain. She wore the usual attire that everyone else did except for the knee length plaid skirt, white blouse, and navy blue sweater vest seemed to suit her better. It clung to her natural curves, exposing her feminine physique to everybody. Her skin was quite pale and if it hadn't been for the fact that I already smelled her blood pulsing through her veins, I would have assumed she was one of us. However, something about her seemed a little deeper beneath the dark brown eyes and the rolled up sleeved, navy blue blazer.


She seemed….mysterious.

"Edward, what are you staring at?" Alice questioned through mental communication. I turned in time to see Alice glance at the girl, a bright smile playing on her lips. "Oh. I see. My dear brother has a crush."

"I do not have a crush," I hissed out loud. The others stared at me in surprise while Alice giggled annoyingly.

"Eddie's got a crush!" Emmett shrieked like a little girl. "Wow, about time! I thought you were gay!" I growled and was about to leap across the table and rip his throat when I heard a melodic voice. I turned back to see my angel had spoken to a curly haired man who was caressing her cheek. I growled again. Looks like I've found someone else to kill in place of Emmett.

I was very aware that my family as well as the rest of the student's in the cafeteria had also stopped to examine the pair. The angel slapped the man's hand away, but I noticed how she held a small smirk in place. Why wasn't she offended or nervous or scared of this weasel? Was he her boyfriend? I could feel my undead, cold heart breaking at the seams.

"Don't touch me, Aaron," she stated firmly.

"Come on, Bella. I know you want it as much as I do," the man replied cockily. Through my fury, I was actually elated to hear her name. Bella. Beautiful in Italian. It was perfect for the goddess. Jasper threw me a questioning expression which I shrugged at. It was a little awkward having a brother who could feel everything I was feeling.

"I don't think she wants anything," another deep voice entered. I looked up to see four men now surrounding her. An olive skinned, dark haired man had spoken and was glaring at the sex offender.


"Wow! Some action. Now that's what I'm talking about!"

I pushed Emmett's stupid thoughts aside and went back to watching the scene. "Or what, Danvers?" Aaron questioned the taller male.

"Or we'll beat the shit out of you," a blonde spoke up from beside Bella. He had a lazy arm wrapped around her shoulders and was smirking at the other man in a daring way. I didn't like the way he was touching her at all, but I was glad someone stopped Aaron from harassing her some more.

Aaron licked his lips before jabbing a finger in the dark man's chest. "This isn't over, Caleb."
Caleb? I had heard of him from someone's thoughts earlier. Him and his gang. Wait, was this angel apart of his "gang". I contemplated this as I watched the four of them move over to the lunch line.

"Can you hear Bella's thoughts, Edward?" Alice asked. I concentrated and realized with shock that I couldn't. My eyes widened even more so when I couldn't hear the four men's minds either. I managed a weak head shake to answer her.

"What do you mean you can't hear her?" Rosalie hissed. I glared back at her.

"As in I. Can't. Hear. Her," I said slowly, emphasizing each word. "I can't hear those four with her either." They all gasped at the news. I heard someone speaking about Bella and I could tell the others did too as we all fell silent to hear the conversation. My eyes landed on a blonde girl, whom I had discovered was the new girl, Sarah Wenham, and a tanned girl. A male was seated next to the two and I knew he was the other new student, Chase Collins. I couldn't hear his thoughts either. What the hell was going on?

"Who was that?" Sarah asked.

Kate glanced over to where Sarah was looking. She looked at Bella and then back to Sarah. Her thoughts were nothing but kind ones of my sweet angel. "That is Isabella, but she prefers Bella. She's the center of every girl's envy and every man's object of affection."

"She's friends with Caleb and the guys?" Chase asked. Kate shook her head.

"She's Caleb's younger sister. They're a year apart."

"Is she single?" Chase asked and I refused the urge to snap as I leaned on the edge of my seat. Kate giggled.

"Yep. But she's not a big dater. Her and Reid were a thing for a little bit, but nothing too serious." The threesome fell silent and I couldn't help but gawk at Bella as I watched her plump lips nibble on an apple.

Oh dear god! I had fallen hard for a human girl!


~ * ~


See?

They totally crossed.

What I love about this story is that there's always an underlying plot underneath that comes to light. You think you know, but you don't. Plus, Bella playing the mystery card with Edward is a definite win. That and she's not the helpless kind of girl, and who doesn't love that?
So what are you still doing here? Go and show lanacullen21 and her story some love. Blood and Power is a good read.

Don't forget to tune in for Wicked Wednesday!

~*~ Mischievous M

No comments:

Post a Comment