Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wicked Wednesday: Kiss Me Now, Kiss Me Never



SMUT! That's what Wednesday is all about. Often the smut is the main theme in stories I rec, but sex should not necessarily be the main theme. Today, I want to rec a story that blows me away for its original and mind blowing story line. A story line, that does NOT revolve around sex. Now don't start chewing out my ass just yet. I said it didn't revolve around sex, but that doesn't mean there aren't any damn yummy lemons concluded in the story. There are! And they are all sorts of delicious.

The story I want to talk about is 'Kiss Me Now, Kiss Me Never' by ericastwilight. In this fic both Bella and Edward are cursed. By kissing someone, they change the lives drastically without even meaning to.
Where Edward needs three kisses to be hated for the rest of his life, Bella's lips only need to meet with someone once to be loved forever.

I know what y'all are thinking. Poor Edward, right? Or maybe, 'what's so bad about being loved?' when it comes to Bella? Well, let me tell you. We aren't talking about puppy love here. It's an all-consuming, obsessive and fiery love that takes a hold of Bella's 'victims'. They stalk her, they starve themselves or worse, but whatever path they follow, they just can't stop loving her.

Guilt and fear are two emotions Bella is all too familiar with, and her main goal is to never let it happen again.

Then there's Edward. The boy who becomes the target of the most passionate hate. Well, when he kisses a girl one too many times, that is. His mother walked out on his father after that third kiss, and hates him with a passion. His father told him everything at a young age, making him understand the consequences. Now, Edward only serves his big head. To put it in his own words, "I, Edward Cullen, no longer kissed – I just fucked."

Things start going crazy when these two cursed individuals meet up. Suddenly, dreams of past lives resurface, and feelings they've never had for anyone, make it harder to keep their lips to themselves. Throw in Jasper as one of Bella's victim, a spiteful Alice and you got the recipe for disaster. Will they figure it out eventually? Or will the need to feel those soft lips destroy everything?





All the while, Alice and Jasper filled glasses with champagne and one with juice for Rosalie. We rose our glasses, clinking them together in laughter. My wonderful family mouthed, "To your happiness," at me, and I was sure that Edward saw them. His arm held on to me reassuringly as he whispered in my ear, "to us."
Jasper took my hand suddenly, pulling me from Edward's grasp. I laughed as he spun me around. His laughter was just as infectious as Alice's while she clapped happily. "All thanks to this pretty little lady," Jasper said.

I felt the air leave my lungs as his lips pressed against mine suddenly.
No.
No.
No.
Not again.
"No," Emmett cried out, prying Jasper away from me. "Jasper…fuck."

I watched as Jasper's eyes glazed over and his face softened. I held my hand over my mouth and shook my head. This couldn't be happening. "Bella, what's the matter?" Alice asked, unfazed.
She saw the kiss as nothing but an innocent peck between friends. With anyone else, I would've seen it that way, too.
 Emmett's face held a look of horror as his eyes passed over Jasper and then to Alice. "Oh, fuck. Not another one."

I sobbed, my fingers trembling as tears started to form. Alice grabbed Jasper's arm as he stared at me, a multitude of emotions passing through his eyes.
One.
Two.
Three.

Jasper knelt in front of me and grasped my hips. "Bella, I love you."
I sobbed again, shaking my head. I took a step back, but he followed.
"What the fuck, Jasper?" Edward asked firmly, pulling me away from him.

Jasper completely ignored him and kept looking at me. "Bella," he whispered.
"Do you two know each other?" Alice and Edward asked in unison. I could see the confusion and hurt in their eyes.
I shook my head. "No. The day his band auditioned was the first time I met him."
Edward pulled me closer to him. "Then why –"

"Bella," Jasper said oblivious to everyone else. "Do you know how long I've waited for you?"
I gaped and held back a sob as his eyes continued to lose focus. "Alice," I started. "I swear…I…fuck –"
I couldn't say anything to her that would make sense. What the fuck was I supposed to say? That I was cursed and now I had claimed my twenty-second victim?

"Tell me what's going on, Bella!" Alice said angrily. She watched as Jasper reached out for me again, but Edward pushed him back.
"Back off, Jasper," he said. "Look what you're doing to Alice. Get the fuck off the ground before I fucking kill you."
"Edward," I said, trying to calm him.

Edward turned to look at me, and I could see the same pain and betrayal in his eyes. "Not now, Bella," he snapped.
I closed my eyes and nodded.
"Watch it, Edward," Emmett hissed. "Don't fucking talk to her that way. They never met."
"Doesn't look that way," Alice whispered. Jasper got up on his feet and looked at me with longing and then at Alice. His eyes darted between the both of us, and I could see the war within.

His love for Alice and the love the curse made him feel for me.
It would destroy him eventually, just like the other three.
"Alice," I whispered, but I had no idea what to say to her. "I'm sorry."
"You should be," she growled. She grabbed her purse and walked out of the room.
"Fuck, Rosalie," I said as my breathing hitched. "Go make sure she gets a cab. She's been drinking."
Rose nodded and left.

"Alice," Jasper said, taking a step toward the exit. "I need –" He stopped himself and returned his gaze to me. "What's going on?"
"I'll tell you what's going on," Edward hissed. "You pretty much just tore my cousin's heart out and declared your love to my Bella."
"I…I –" Jasper stuttered, but was unable to say anything.

"Emmett, you know what to do," I said quietly. Emmett nodded, pulling Jasper back.
"I don't want to go," Jasper said. He looked lost as the war continued behind his veiled eyes.
"Jasper, Alice needs you," I whispered.
"I know, but I…I can't leave you either."
I shook my head and sobbed. "No, Jasper. You have to go."
"But…" Jasper said as he took a few steps back, unable to fight off Emmett. "It hurts."

I sobbed again as tears fell down my cheeks. "Why are you crying?" Jasper asked, just at the door of the room entrance.
"Because, Jasper, it will only get worse."
"I love Alice, but I love you, too," Jasper said. Edward growled behind me, his fingers digging into my hip.
"Leave, Jasper," Edward said coldly.
"Come on, Jasper," Emmett said gravely. Jasper nodded and finely conceded to leaving. He took one last look at me before turning to leave. "I'll get him home."
"Thanks, Em," I whispered.







This story is a real must-read. It's mysterious, intriguing, and has a lot of twists. The idea is original and absolutely captivating. I enjoy this story very much, and I am sure a lot of you will too. So go read it now.
ericastwilight is doing an amazing job on this fic, so leave her some love while you're there.
I, for one, know that I am anxiously awaiting an update. I just know these two very special people have a lot more mysteries to unravel, and I'll be on the front row the entire time!

See you all next week, and like always, 'Keep it dirty!'.

*Salacious wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment